Saturday, May 3, 2014

Accomplishments and Summer Internship



Today is my graduation for my Master's in Mathematics Education! I have never technically set foot on University of Alaska-Southeast's campus, but that is where I have been taking classes for the last 3 years. My school district received a math and science grant. That grant money was used as an incentive for teachers to work on their K-5 (or 8) Math Endorsement. We took two classes a semester, one on-line and one with an adjunct professor at a school in the Wasilla. We were to pay for our tuition upfront, but if we earned a B or higher, the district reimbursed us 80% of the tuition cost. They also provided our text books and an iPad2. It was took good of a deal to pass up! I decided to take the additional 5-6 classes and earn my Master's degree. It took a little longer, only taking 1-2 classes a semester, but it was a lot of work to juggle taking classes, teaching school, fulfilling church callings and having Kasila. I'm very grateful that I was able to do this before Kasila was older or even having more than 1 kid!  




Scott just finished his finals week and will be begin his summer internship on Monday! He will be working for TerraSond. They are based out of Palmer, but I believe most of his work time will be spent on a boat in the ocean off of Homer, Alaska. They do a lot of hydrographic surveying. We're not sure of what his schedule will be, but we've heard good things about this company. We're both excited for him to be able to get some work experience that has to do with his major, geomatics with a geographic information system emphasis. 


No comments:

Post a Comment