Friday, March 11, 2011

Northern Lights

One thing I've really wanted to do since moving up here to AK is to see the northern lights. CHECK! Completed. I know that there has been a couple of other nights that the lights have been visible down in South Central Alaska but I forget and fall asleep. We were even going to go to Fairbanks sometime with the goal of seeing the lights but lucky us, we didn't have to! Last night, March, 10, the lights were visible at 9:30pm. As soon as I got a phone call from a friend (Thanks Mary!) I made Scott rush outside and hop in the jeep. (He wanted to see them too but I was much more enthusiastic about it all :)

I didn't take the the first two pictures of the lights, a co-worker's husband did.




I did take the next picture. My camera wouldn't pick up the actual lights so this is us with the lights in the background even though you can't actually see them.

2 comments:

  1. You guys look so tired! I saw them from Valdez once in January, but they weren't that bright. I want to see them again, closer up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flash was really bright! It took me like 4 tries to get one that has both of us with our eyes open ha ha

    ReplyDelete