First I'll start with an update on Scott. His fingers are healing quite nicely. He went back to work about 1 1/2 weeks after it happened. We think that all the skin will actually grow back. Again, I'm just thankful that he didn't get any bone this time!
So we had parent teacher conference on Valentine's Day. Then I had two days I needed subs for different trainings or meetings. Then I was back for 1 day, in which I had to make sure all the purchase orders had gone through for some school events and plan for a sub for 4 more days for more training. I had basketball practice with my 7/8th grade girls and who knows who the coach was. (Two guys had been switching it up on me and I was tired of it and unfortunately, I was excited for the season to end this week)
Then on last Wednesday, I had New Beginnings for my Young Womens that I was in charge of. We had the theme of PJS (Prayer, Journal, Scriptures). It was a blast! Everyone wore their pajamas, we had short talks given by the laurels, a skit by the beehives and a group song. At the end all the girls got a pillowcase screen printed with PJS on it with a Book of Mormon and a little journal in it. It was a sweet night and I really enjoy my young women group!
After New Beginnings, I had a family night at school called Salmon on Parade. Since November, our school has been talking about this event. The kids talked to their families and learned about their heritage, how they came to Alaska, why they stay in Alaska, or what they love about Alaska. Then they wrote stories about it in class. On conference day, each family was given a wooden salmon to decorate to tell their story. On Feb. 25, all the families came to Shaw and we had a potluck and storytelling night. It was fabulous! We had over 450 people come!! (I had a stressful time when I went to pick up the chicken the school was providing and my jeep had died, but Sara Michaud saved my life!! :)
Here are some of the salmon decorate: Guess which one is mine...
Ha ha, I know so hard...but all of these were decorated by either families or staff members
Just to add to my crazy week plus some days...March 2 was Muffins for Moms (and my own mom's birthday :) It was before school so everything had to be ready the night before. It was pretty smooth and over 250 people came that event!
Scott has just been working and being a great husband while I've been a little stressed. He even went with me to pick up 350 muffins and decorate the gym! I love you hubby!
Over all, I love my school and my busy life. However, it was a lot easier to be busy when I wasn't in charge of everything :D

No comments:
Post a Comment