Anyways, Scott's parents came and visited for a couple of weeks at the end of July. We did a lot of things and had a lot of fun! :) One thing we did while they were here was to find out the gender of our baby! Yay! Only, it was an upsetting yet exciting event at the same time. Scott called me silly but I wanted to do somewhat of a gender reveal party and started planning it. My mother-in-law was a doll and helped me make cupcake ice cream cones with dairy free icing for the night, a first for me.
My appointment was scheduled for Friday afternoon so we were having a party/get together that evening. To my dismay, I received a phone call at 11am saying my doctor had been called out to deliver a baby and they needed to reschedule my appointment. :( NO!! I did everything I could try to find out that day but nothing worked. I ended up being rescheduled for Tuesday morning. That was a long wait after getting excited and anticipating finding out. Luckily, Tuesday morning came and we had our appointment.
Waiting at the doctor's office
We found out and then those that were able to, with the change of date, came over that evening for a fun get together. At 7:30 we decided to spill the beans. I had gotten a big balloon, filled it with confetti of a certain color, and then popped it for the confetti to go everywhere and show if we are having a boy or girl.
About to pop the balloon...
The confetti went everywhere!
It's a girl!!
(And yes, that is pink pig confetti. I liked the color of pink on the pigs better than any of the other confetti choices.)
No comments:
Post a Comment