Sunday, August 12, 2012

Fire Pit Project

Scott and I have already started our first big house project. We want a fire pit area. It won't be finished this year but we've started it and Scott has an awesome vision for it.  We're going to dig out a sloping part of our yard, make their tiers with either flower beds or herbs or whatever I feel like planting, and then a flatten area with the pit and eventually even a gazebo with a smoke escape hole.

We have the bottom rock wall pretty close to done. We've collected all the rocks on drives we've taken.
Laying a bottom layer of cement

Placing rocks in the cement to be the foundation for the other rocks

Choosing rocks to create the second row. 

Scott placed the rocks before he mixed the mortar together.

My job was to follow behind Scott after he placed the rocks and used mortar to secure them and wipe off the face of the rock. I want a clean looking wall. It got old but it'll look good and clean when we get done!

No comments:

Post a Comment