I honestly never thought I'd join a book club. I never read any assigned book in high school and very few in college. Why would I choose to put those deadlines and obligations on myself? Well, it happened! Two fabulous people from my ward, Mary and Becky, asked if I wanted to join their small group. I was hesitant to agree but I said I'd try it out.
I went to the group in March when they had read The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne. I haven't read many of the older books but I may eventually read it after hearing them talk about it.
This month, April, we met after reading The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale. Loved it! It's based on the fairy tale The Goose Girl by the Grimm Brothers. It's a great read about finding your self. I went to the group in March when they had read The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne. I haven't read many of the older books but I may eventually read it after hearing them talk about it.

The rest of the books in The Books of Bayern series are Enna Burning, River Secrets and Forest Boran. I'm in the middle of Forest Born. I wasn't a big fan of Enna Burning but it's necessary part of the story and helps you understand characters and what happens in the other books.
The next book we'll be talking about was my choice and I chose Alanna: The First Adventure by Tamora Pierce. She is one of my favorite authors and although Alanna isn't my favorite series, all of the other series are somewhat connected with this one.
-- Sent from my Palm Pre


No comments:
Post a Comment