Monday, January 17, 2011

Thanksgiving and More

For Thanksgiving this year Scott and I had a fun filled week. First off, school was cancelled due to freezing rain Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. That gave us more time to spend together and able to make all our pies for our two pie nights! This was the first time we had made these pies on our own. We had a night of pie with some friends from church and another night with Kesa and Paul and some of their friends. Both nights were fun and filled with lots of pies :)

Us with our pies: Chocolate pudding, Grasshopper, Pecan, Caramel Apple Pecan and Butterscotch

For actual Thanksgiving Day, we went with Kesa, Paul and Kyran to one of their friend's home and had a great meal with some great people. After dinner and some football we took off and drove to Kenai. Scott gets to go there all the time because of work but this time I got to go too. Scott did some work and I chilled in the hotel room and drove around the town. I got Scott to finally come down to the water with me since he had never went



We also went to a libretto (play told in song) called King Island Christmas. It's about the small village on King Island (up in the Northwestern part of Alaska) and how they depended on a ship to bring their priest and supplies to survive until spring. It was a really fun :) Scott wasn't too keen about the singing the whole but he didn't know that when he said that he'd go with me and three co-workers.




One other thing that we've done was a quick drive out to Talkeetna (about 2 hours away). Its just a back country town that doesn't have much but if you're going to climb Mt. McKinley you have to go through there. There was a Wilderness Woman contest where women would carry pail of water, shoot guns, chop firewood and other stuff. We were there before it all started but it was fun to hear about it. Also they do a Bachelor Auction... all the money goes to charities up there and all that is required from the auction is a drink and a dance but we were told that there have been marriages and babies from the auction. It'd be a funny thought to have a kid say "Ya, my mom bought my dad at an auction." ha ha. It was a good day trip with some pretty scenery.


 I told Scott to "pet" the husky since I kissed the moose and this is what he did. Lame-o but I still love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment