This is Scott dropping me off at the airport so that I can go spend a week off the grid. Afognak, my final destination, is a small native village north of Kodiak. Tonight, I fly into Kodiak and spend the night in a hotel. Tomorrow I drive 30 mins out and then ride a boat for 45 mins to the location of my camp. Right now, I'm sitting in the airport waiting for my flight on a small plane. However, it's not as small as the plane Scott had to take on his one of his flights to Kenai.
This will be an intersting week. Scott and I have a spent more than a week apart before, not that we enjoyed it, but then we could at least call or skype each other every day. Not the case this time. Tomorrow morning will be my last chance to talk to him until next Monday. Also, this is the first time I'm the one who has left. Normally Scott is the one who goes off and leaves me at home.
-- Sent from my Palm Pre


No comments:
Post a Comment