Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Wasilla, Alaska

Here are a couple random pictures I found of the Wasilla area. It is about 45 minute drive NE of Anchorage with a population around 7,000. They call it "The gateway to the Alaskan adventure." Isn't that appropriate for us? :) Although it may seem to be very isolated, there are a lot of normal things there. There is a Walmart, Fred Myers, Target, Home Depot and luckily for me, a Joann Fabrics. Wasilla is part of the Matanuska-Susitna Valley. Its been compared to Cache Valley, UT by one of my friends who have lived in both places. The Mat-Su Valley is also the main agrculture hub of the state.

There is a chance that we will live in Palmer, Alaska which is right next to Wasilla in the Mat-Su Valley with a population around 5,000. Right now our hope is for Wasilla but Palmer would be good too.

1 comment:

  1. I had a roomate from Wasilla. She LOVED it there as I'm sure you will. How exciting! =)

    ReplyDelete